Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Worst Practices: Ginormous Attachments

I had just one email to pull in and it was taking a really long time. Sure enough, I saw that it included a 17.5 MB file.

"Sounds like your aunt is emailing us a bunch more photos," I groused to my husband.

But no - he didn't have a similar email coming.

Instead, it was a pitch - with a full press kit Word 11-page attachment that included several embedded photos.

People: This is why God created WEBSITES. Put it up, include a link in your pitch and send it off.

The ONLY reason I opened that attachment was so I could find out why it was so huge and then report about it here. Normally, receiving a pitch with an attachment that's more than 1 MB will go straight into my trash folder, because obviously - the person who sent it to me is an amateur.

#PRFAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment